AC Question

You can jump the cycling pressure switch on the accumulator, with a paper clip. Short term just to trouble shoot.
There are two other safety switches, the high pressure switch, near the compressor area. There maybe an over temperature switch, on the compressor on the back end.

You can jump the cycling pressure switch on the accumulator, with a paper clip. Short term just to trouble shoot.
There are two other safety switches, the high pressure switch, near the compressor area. There maybe an over temperature switch, on the compressor on the back end.
So unplug the connector off the pressure switch and take a paper clip and touch the connections on the electrical side? That will jumpstart the compressor and in turn let me know or the switch is bad?

You must know what's going on with the pressure in your system. .It's possible that it is over filled. Along with the low pressure switch, there is a high pressure switch that will open to take voltage away from the clutch solenoid to stop the compressor from turning to save the compressor. It turns out that they make gauges to read the high and low sides of the system. Go to Harbor Freight and get one. No guessing. You might just need to remove some refrigerant. That is also a guess just like the other ones offered to you. Get the gauges and watch some youtube Videos. The gauges will tell you everything you need to know.

You must know what's going on with the pressure in your system. .It's possible that it is over filled. Along with the low pressure switch, there is a high pressure switch that will open to take voltage away from the clutch solenoid to stop the compressor from turning to save the compressor. It turns out that they make gauges to read the high and low sides of the system. Go to Harbor Freight and get one. No guessing. You might just need to remove some refrigerant. That is also a guess just like the other ones offered to you. Get the gauges and watch some youtube Videos. The gauges will tell you everything you need to know.
Thanks brother. I purchased a pressure switch from Highway stars and I'm going to go to harbor freight a bit later in the week. Thanks for the advise.

when the system was refilled with 134a were the high and low connectors updated to the newer style? gauges and a vacuum pump are pretty handy items. then some pump oil to keep it moisture free.

when the system was refilled with 134a were the high and low connectors updated to the newer style? gauges and a vacuum pump are pretty handy items. then some pump oil to keep it moisture free.
Yes they were replaced. The whole system was redone. I wish it would have lasted. I mean 8 years ago or something. Worked great for a long time.

If you have the stock intercooler fan, is it coming on when you turn the AC on? Just something else to note.

Thanks brother. I purchased a pressure switch from Highway stars and I'm going to go to harbor freight a bit later in the week. Thanks for the advise.
You have no evidence that the switch is bad .In fact, I would bet on it being good. The pressure readings will tell you what your next step is.

You have no evidence that the switch is bad .In fact, I would bet on it being good. The pressure readings will tell you what your next step is.
I couldn't hurt to change it. I was cheap enough. I'm picking up the gauges the end of the week.

Great news gentleman. I installed a new pressure switch near the dryer. Bought it from Highway Stars. At first the compressor did not engage. I jumped the connection with a wire and the compressor turned on. I then realized maybe I pulled the electrical connection in upside down. It will plug in either right side up or upside down. I spun it around and plugged it in again and the compressor started to spin. Used some Ac Pro and believe it or not the air started getting cold. Not like really cold but at least I know the system is working. I'll continue to work on it. Thank you folks for all the great advise. I hope one day and can return the favor on advise.

You were right brother. Bad switch.

It's a switch so it works either way. I think you're low on refrigerant. By adding the juice you may have added enough to make the low pressure switch close. By jumping the two wires on the plug you're bypassing the low pressure switch. If you're low on refrigerant, you need to jump that to lower the pressure enough at the filling port so it will take the gas from the can. That's what jumping the plug does. It makes the compressor run, even though it's low on gas.

No, the switch didn't get it working. It started getting cold when you added freon. Again you have to have gauges and they will tell you everything you need to know.
Your right. I jumped it just to make sure the compressor was still working. I plan to pick up the gauges on the weekend. Still feels good to know the system works and can still blow cool air.

Your right. I jumped it just to make sure the compressor was still working. I plan to pick up the gauges on the weekend. Still feels good to know the system works and can still blow cool air.
Now that you know it works, get a can of r134a with a gauge built in and top it off. It must have a leak. The only question is small or large. Purge the line as you connect to the charge port because it has air in it. It might only leak when it's cold outside. Go to Harbor Freight and buy the sniffer instead of the Gauge set. Of course, it always nice to have the gauges. They are a very useful tool.

Now that you know it works, get a can of r134a with a gauge built in and top it off. It must have a leak. The only question is small or large. Purge the line as you connect to the charge port because it has air in it. It might only leak when it's cold outside. Go to Harbor Freight and buy the sniffer instead of the Gauge set. Of course, it always nice to have the gauges. They are a very useful tool.
Its funny I never even heard of a sniffer. I googled it . Harbor freight sells them. While I'm there getting a set of gauges I'll pick one up. They are cheap. Very cool. Thanks